This is Joe's Fault

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Come Sweet Slumber...

It is 7:30 in the morning and I am awake. Normally there would not be a problem about this, as today is a work day and I have to be there in a few hours anyway. It's a little early for me to be up, but it really shouldn't be that big a deal. Except that I've been awake since 4:00 am. And I didn't go to sleep until 1:00 am.

I've tossed and turned for a few hours, but it's no use. I'm up and hating it a lot. Why am I not sleeping? Let's try some guesses:

1. Guilt. I've done many things I'm not proud of in my short life, the most proximal being getting drunk last night and then going on IRC and chatting. Oy, the things I typed! (And fyi, it's not like I was drunk just because it's Tuesday, I had a get-together with old workmates at a nearby bar. Really, there was a reason. I don't have a problem! I can quit whenever I want.)

2. Fear. Sure, I've got a job interview today, but I'm not too bothered about it. In fact, I don't even want it. It's at an Ad agency. Whose clients are strait-laced financial types. Like I'd ever in a million years go back to that again. I'd rather french kiss Saddam Hussein. [Ewww!]

3. Horrible, horrible recurring images. Great. Now I can't get that disgusting picture out of my head. Thanks so bloody much, brain. The moustache! That horrible, maniacal, own-people-gassing moustache!

4. Existential dread. Who am I? What have I accomplished in my lifetime? What if I were to die tomorrow? What if our friend at CBS actually does show David Letterman my lameass top ten list like she threatened to do? Can a person actually die of humilation? And does it matter if it sucks if he doesn't know who actually wrote it? So many questions...

5. Alcohol is known to cause disruptions in sleep patterns. Hm...you may have something there. Goddammit! I thought booze was my friend! Well, never again. Ya hear that, booze?! Screw you! (Yeah, I said it!)

Sleepy...so very sleepy. Oh, yay. The alarm just went off. Isn't that just fan-fuckin'-tastic? TIME FOR WORK!! KILL ME NOW!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home