This is Joe's Fault

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Let's Get Happy

Well, I've just been a big ol' pile of negative lately. The whole bad luck thing, war and anger everywhere, Mr. Rogers dying (!), etc. Things is coming up poopy, and when they do, I tend to get really down on life in general and myself in particular. But I would like to try and change that by talking about good, positive things only. So, um, how about...five really cool things about being me? Great, let's go:

1. I have very little body hair. The hair that I do have is quite blonde and, as such, barely visible. What this means in practical terms is that I have to shave my legs maybe six times a year. (In fact, me shaving my legs for the first time since New Years can only mean one thing around these parts: summertime!)

2. I do not spit in public.

3. I make it my business to scratch behind the ears of every dog that I have been formally introduced to (and many that I have just met casually). This policy also extends to any cat that will condescend to have me.

4. My vast knowledge of insignificant pop culture has allowed me to help settle bar disputes without the interested parties having to resort to violence (e.g. Robin Williams, Bill Murray and Steve Martin are comedians that made the big cross-over to serious acting. My boss actually bet me that I couldn't name three in five minutes or something. I ended up getting an extra vacation day for that one. And yes, we were at a bar.)

5. I have never once bought any of my four nephews clothing for any gift-giving occasion.

Yay! I did it! Wow. I must say that I feel much better about myself now. Maybe tomorrow I can think of some good things about other things which are not me-related. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home