This is Joe's Fault

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Jokes for Nerds, Jokes for Nerds!*

Everyone likes to think that they're cool. Even if you're pretty sure you're a nerd, sometimes in the comfort of your bedroom while dancing to your favourite music, or in public when you uncharacteristically say the perfect thing at the perfect time, it occurs to you that maybe, just maybe, you are cool.

Then you come across a birthday card from your mid-twenties that was made for you by one of your nerdier friends, and it makes you laugh at the cleverness of that friend, and the perfectness of the joke, and you realize: "Happy birthday! You're a nerd!"

But you know what? You don't mind.

My friend Terry Brown made this for me, one of the smartest, funniest, nerdiest people I know. I'm sharing it with you in the unwavering knowledge that he has absolutely no recollection of ever having made this. (I'm pretty sure this was in response to my complaining about the stupid Chippendales cards that I hated, but female co-workers insisted on giving to each other because it was oh-so-riske!)

I hope you're a nerd, too, and enjoy this as much as I did!



Inside:





Yeah, it's a pretty fricken sweet nerd card, if I do say so myself.

Help for cool people: On the front, the card depicts uber-nerds Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and Sigmond Freud as sexy Chippendales dancers. Inside, Isaac Newton brings it home with a saucy double-entendre based on the field of science he helped to establish, and indeed is considered the father of. I assure you it is a fine nerd joke.

* This is a reference from zefrank, who I have come to realize I love in a deeply romantic, yet strangely platonic way. Thanks to Freyja for getting me hooked. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, but if you see her maybe you could thank her for me.

3 Comments:

  • I'm not sure I can think of a good nerd joke on short notice. I'll have get back to you on that!

    Imagine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

  • That's a great card, and I'm a nerd to the nth degree.

    thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

    Terry

    By Blogger Terry Border, at 11:44 AM  

  • Was she intelligent

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home