This is Joe's Fault

Friday, August 27, 2004

Feeble Friday

Sunrise... Sunset... Sunrise... Sunset... Man, where does the time go? It's Friday already, and here I am without a topic to be found. I think I've done rather well this week so far, though, without a theme, or any ideas of any kind. Until today.

Today I am tired and cranky and really wanting to be done with my job. It's not a bad job, it's just kind of tedious and boring and I want a break. But I'm only going to have to work through one more week before I go camping with the bf for a week, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

It's pretty cool that I actually get to take a week of vacation while working on a temp job. I kind of felt weird about doing it at first, but then I remembered that I had only agreed to a certain length of contract to begin with and then they extended it for another month or so. I had already planned the vacation beforehand and had told them about it right from the beginning. Still, a lot of employers could be pricks about it and they have been nothing but accomodating.

And that's really the problem. My work environment is simply too reasonable and sane. How can anyone expect me to come up with the funny when my coworkers are neither stupid nor mean nor incompetent? It's unheard of. Do you think Dilbert got where he is today with that kind of atmosphere at work? Hell, no.

Ah, well. Maybe the next temp job will be better. Maybe it'll be filled with petty, moronic jackasses prone to hilarious malapropisms and gross incompetence. Let's all cross our fingers, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home