This is Joe's Fault

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Day Two: The Learnening

Ah, knowledge. From the relatively simple act of brushing your hair to the almost impossible feat of distinguishing which pick-up line will get you laid and which will get you slapped, knowledge in any form is invaluable. I have always had a thirst for knowledge and every day I am rewarded with something, even if it's a very small thing, to learn.

Except for today, of course. Because today I was looking for things to learn, and while I did pick up bits of information like "Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher got married" and "Don Adams died", none of it seemed to fit in with my intended theme for this week. Plus you could learn that yourself watching ET.

So, I'm going to have to cheat. (Hey, I just learned that I don't care if I cheat! Cool!) I'm going to use something that I learned last week. On September 21st to be exact. And you know, it's not really cheating because that was a day, and I did learn something on it, so technically it still works. (Hey, I just learned that I might have a career in politics! Er, yay, I guess...)

Anyway, Wednesday, September 21st I signed up for a google alert for stories that mention "daylight savings time". The US of A has decided to extend theirs, you see, and this effects Canadians fairly heavily. We say that we're "looking into it", but really, we're going to have to follow suit. Or oy, with the airline timetables and the stock markets and the aaah! You know we're going to do it. But I want to know when.

On the day I received my first google alert it really did alert me to a few previously unknown facts:

1. There is a place in Mississippi that holds an event called the Wing Dang Doodle Festival.
2. Due to that accursed Hurricane Katrina, this year's (the 2nd Annual, by the way) Wing Dang Doodle Festival is postponed until November!
(My next point is actually a supposition rather than actual fact)
3. Mississipians is a mite goofy for the poultry.

Hm, I'm wondering if I just learned something about the not-so-complex process of prejudice... It's like learning within learning.

Whoa, I just blew my own mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home